FISHERIES LOCAL ACTION GROUP BURGAS – KAMENO is a Bulgarian, independent, voluntary organization operating in public benefit, established by a partnership agreement between the Municipality of Burgas, Kameno Municipality and local representatives of the public, commercial and non-profit sectors.
- Encouraging, assisting and supporting the sustainable development of the fisheries and aquaculture sector in Bulgaria;
- Increasing the competitiveness of enterprises in the fisheries and aquaculture sector and creating new jobs;
- Preservation and development of the local cultural, historical and natural heritage;
- Development of human potential and capacity building for project preparation and management;
- Strengthening the role of fishing communities in local development and management of local resources in the field of fisheries and maritime activities.
In carrying out its activities, the Fisheries Local Action Group Burgas – Kameno is guided by the principles of the community-led local development (CLLD) approach, which includes:
- territorial approach;
- creation of public-private partnerships;
- bottom-up approach;
- multisectoral approach;
- cooperation and networking.
Our organization follows the rules and regulations applicable to the Fisheries Local Action Groups in the Republic of Bulgaria.
The CLLD strategy aims to ensure that projects and initiatives developed at local level reinforce each other and that the challenges to be tackled are considered in relation to each other. For this to happen, there is a need for a participative reflection process at the level of the area. This reflection process is translated into an integrated local development strategy, which will steer the operations of the local action group over the course of the period and the projects it funds.
FLAG`s Operational Team
Master of Business Administration at the University of Veliko Tarnovo and many years of experience in preparation, management and reporting of project proposals funded by the EU and other donor organizations
CLLD Strategy Expert
Bachelor of International Economic Relations at the University of Economics in Varna and specializations in Antwerp, Belgium and Venlo, the Netherlands with experience in international companies and business process management
Bachelor of Tourism Economics at the University Prof. Dr. Asen Zlatarov, Burgas and experience with international teams, excellent knowledge on the territory of FLAG Burgas-Kameno and the administrative structures and bodies
KIRIL NACHEV Chairman of the Management Board
The Management Board of FLAG Burgas-Kameno consists of 7 members, including the Chairman. The main functions of the Management Board are:
- Planning and management of a local strategy and inclusion of all concerned stakeholders for sustainable fisheries development;
- Monitoring and evaluation of the CLLD Strategy;
- Planning the necessary resources to achieve the objectives of the FLAG;
- Providing mechanisms for effective public-private partnership for sustainable development of the fisheries area;
- Ensuring the participation of all stakeholders through consultative mechanisms in the planning and monitoring;
- Effective operational management and monitoring of the operational activities, ensuring control over the implementation of FLAG`s functions and tasks in accordance with the internal procedures as well as the Programme`s rules and regulations;
- Ensuring publicity and transparency of the FLAG’s activities;
Each of our members is a participant in a public-private partnership for the implementation of the CLLD strategy on the territory of FLAG Burgas-Kameno and undertakes the obligation to contribute to the goals of the organization according to his/her specific capabilities. The General Assembly of FLAG Burgas-Kameno consists of 29 members, 2 of them are representatives of the public sector – the Municipality of Burgas and the Municipality of Kameno. The other members represent the business and non-profit sectors on the FLAG`s territory and their share is respectively 48% and 46% in percentage.
The members represent not only their own interest, but also the interests of the respective sector they represent – public, business or non-profit sector, on the territory of the FLAG. They are committed to the goals of the organization, the community-led local development approach and the implementation of the CLLD strategy, guided by the interests of FLAG as a common territory and community. All of them are motivated and actively participate to achieve the common goals.5
Board of Supervisors
The Board of Supervisors of FLAG Burgas-Kameno consists of three members and performs the following functions:
1) Monitors the implementation of the decisions of the General Assembly and the Management Board and exercises control over the activities of the Management Board;
2) Checks and controls the financial condition, proper management and use of the property of the FLAG and may trigger a financial audit.